Applicable Federal Regulations
Attorney Discipline Program
8 C.F.R. § 1003.0(e)(1) below, authorizes the EOIR Attorney Discipline Program.
(1) Professional standards. The General Counsel shall administer programs to protect the integrity of immigration proceedings before EOIR, including administering the disciplinary program for attorneys and accredited representatives under subpart G of this part.
Fraud Prevention Program
8 C.F.R. § 1003.0(e)(2), below, authorizes the EOIR Fraud Prevention Program.
(2) Fraud issues. The General Counsel shall designate an anti-fraud officer who shall—
- Serve as a point of contact relating to concerns about possible fraud upon EOIR, particularly with respect to matters relating to fraudulent applications or documents affecting multiple removal proceedings, applications for relief from removal, appeals, or other proceedings before EOIR;
- Coordinate with investigative authorities of the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, and other appropriate agencies with respect to the identification of and response to such fraud; and
- Notify the EOIR disciplinary counsel and other appropriate authorities with respect to instances of fraud, misrepresentation, or abuse pertaining to an attorney or accredited representative.